At TME we attach special importance to the protection of the environment, evidenced by the implementation of the environmental management system ISO 14001:2015-09 confirmed with a certificate.
Here are our eco-activities:
- we have implemented an advanced waste management system, based on waste minimization, waste segregation, and maximum recovery of raw materials;
- we adhere to principles that result in the minimum use of paper;
- we limit energy consumption through the use of energy-efficient appliances and light sources, as well as the awareness of their use;
- we use packaging that can be reused by the recipients - cardboard boxes, string bags, fillers;
- we use biodegradable fillers that are subject to complete decomposition in landfills or composting processes (this means that disposing them of together with municipal waste does not endanger the environment);
- in cases, where biodegradable fillers cannot be applied, we use fillers obtained from recycled paper;
- we have optimized cardboard boxes for size and shape, to better suit the dimensions of a specific parcel; thanks to which we reduced the weight of packaging introduced on the market.
Did you know that ...
- thanks to waste segregation, we have reduced the amount of waste deposited at landfills by about 80%;
- plastic and cardboard waste we generate is used as raw materials in production (in the paper mill and the production of plastic goods);
- multi-material waste we generate is used as an alternative fuel in the cement plant Górażdże.